Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Child is CRAZY!

So it has been freezing cold here. Below zero! And so the pipes that go to my kitchen sink are frozen. We had some dishes that needed to be done so I starting washing them in the bathtub. Drew was watching Dora, counting in spanish.....uno.....dost....threyts....quarter.......cinco......says....seivetay........ocho...nevwayze (it is hillarious and cute) while I was doing the dishes. When he heard water running (I was almost done) he came running into the bathroom and put his little hands on his hips and said....."Mom you know that you are not possed to put stuff in the bath tub, do you understand me, You make me mad like that when you put stuff in the bathtub, do you hear me mom, do you understand that now I have to spank you, I don't want to but you are being very very naughty like that." So after he took a breath I told him that I was sorry that I put stuff in the tub but the kitchen sink focet was frozen and I had to wash the dishes. He said " I can't believe it, I can't believe what you are saying to me right now like that." Then he went on to tell me again how naughty that I was for doing that. He said, "You make me nervous when you do things like that." So I told him that I would try to hurry and get the dishes done so that I could clean out the tub. He said, "Mom I NEED to take a bath pease pease peas peas!!! So I hurried and got the tub cleaned out all the while his sitting on the side lines telling me that he couldn't believe what a mess I was making and that I was going to clean it up, and did I understand. NIGHTMARE! So I guess that he really does listen to all the things I say to him, he repeats them back. He is getting so big so fast. He is almost potty trained. Today he has gone every time in the potty. So wish me luck on that new fun exciting hectick messy adventure!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Deid your child is crazy! I am glad that you put it on the blog and now will remember it for all time. Drew is the most loquacious child I have ever known. I think that he even kicked Aly out of the spot. And by the way NO MORE making messes in the bathtub! Do you understand?

Amanda said...

Hey girl-
I found your blog. I hope you don't mind if I link it up to mine. Your little guy is sure getting big!
Amanda

Angie said...

Dear Deidra,
I love your blog and I can just envision the bathtub scene. Andrew does repeat your phrases so much, it is funny to hear. He is a little doll and is growing into a big, smart boy so fast. We love being your neighbor and appreciate all the you and Josh do to help us at this time. Love you, MO