Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Drew's New Room

So I did it, finally it is done and it looks great. I painted Drew's room chocolate and blue. It is very Sheek, just kidding. I think that it is pretty nice and he "Yikes" it too. He has been sleeping in his big boy bed but still has to fall asleep first on the couch. As soon as Josh doesn't have to work nights anymore (after Apirl 8th) then we can get a bed time routine started and take turns putting him to bed. I am way excited about that. We had a good Easter. Josh had to work nights (of course) and so Drew and I got up and went to sacrament meeting. He was really good. He folds his arms during the prayer and closes his eyes. There are days that he makes me proud. He started insisting that we go home, he was hot and he said that he didn't fill good. Since I knew that the afternoon was filled with activities I took him home in hopes that he could get in a nap. Yeah right, no nap for him. Naughty! At 12:45 we woke up Josh and got ready to go to mom's for dinner. For Easter we each got a new beach towel and I embroydered our names on them. Josh and Jentz got lime green stripped ones with their name in purple and Drew got a Thomas the train one, JosLynn and I got towels with flowers and butterflies on them. I also put a dolphin on mine, because I love dolphins. Drew had been packing Josh's towel around since he woke up and was very excited to give daddy his towel when we woke him up. At mom's we had a family prayer in the living room and then sat us to a wonderful ham and scalloped potatoes meal with buttermilk rolls and jello, apple sauce, etc. Dad make English Triffel and mom made cheese cake. Everyone was excited because Triffel is Curtis, Esther, JOsh, dad, and mom's favorite dessert and the cheese cake is mine, Brandon and Sabrina's favorite. Then after dinner dad took the grandkids down stairs to see his train city. It was the first time some of them got to see it. Esther, Sabrina and I hid easter eggs, and mom put the food away. So when all the kids came up stairs we had them hunt and it was really cute. Everytime that Drew got one he yelled "I got it" and then he would move on to the next one. After we tallied up all the eggs then Christopher and Brody who had the most got to pick a game and they chose the train game (looking at g-pa's trains) again and so everyone who wanted to went back down stairs. Through out the day when Drew would open an egg to see what was inside he would yell, "yook mommy I won suppin". It was so cute. Jentz and JosLynn stopped on their way to a family dinner and gave us hugs and got their towels. I think that they had a pretty fun easter too. So that is about all that is going on with us.















This is lil miss Shailey Dawn Baker


Look how good dad looks!








He is sure starting to feel alot better and that makes us all really happy. Anyway Josh is getting ready to get up in a few minutes and he has 2 and a half days off. Lots to do and so little time.
Love to all,
Deidra











3 comments:

Angie said...

Loved your post. Looks like everyone had a good Easter. I want to see pics of Drew's new room! Is April 8th Josh's last day at Agrium? Did Kandy have her baby yet? Shailey is too cute and so chubby. I haven't snuggled her in way tooo long. Ang

The McEwen Family said...

yeah i'm so glad you got drews room done! Happy late easter i miss ya so much!! Love ya!!

Erik, Mandi, & Matix said...

Deidra your dad looks so dang good! WOW! Is he feeling lots better? What about eating? Geez I really think he looks awesome for all that he has been through! Cute, cute family I love you guys! Your blogs make me laugh.