Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is figure that my mom gave me and a poem that she wrote for me a year or so ago. It touched my heart and I hope it will touch yours too. I love you Mo!












Listening Angel
My Eyes were drawn to this figure,
Then quickly stared to tear
A beautiful girl standing there….
A pink seashell to her ear.
It was your face I envisioned
Studying this sweet art.
I needed to bring her to you
I felt it was my part.
You, drawn to things of the ocean--
Dolphins, beauty and shell.
The connection to you engulfed me
And my love for you did swell.
The rhythmic, humming ocean sound
Angels here must do bidding
Captured within each shell--
Reaching souls alone and lost.
There, although one must concentrate
Aching simply for some listening
To hear it at all--or well.
By life's stormy sea tossed.
As listening to a shell's music,
Perhaps a sincere complement
Takes silence, patience and time,
And, "How are you today?"
Listening to other's sorrow,
Made the difference big or small
Requires a willing heart sublime.
And kept despair away.
Listening and understanding
You'll love and hold many seashells
To the words between the lines,
Throughout this wondrous plan.
Listening, now your sweet trademark,
At times it may be too draining,
Empathy, love defines.
Listening to the troubled clan.
Put in simplistic language
Always listen to the spirit
You make the time to care.
And do your very best.
By listening and remembering
And, remember the pink seashell
For others, always there.
Let other angels do the rest.
You are listening with your heart,
My eyes were drawn to this figure,
You hear what others miss
Then quickly started to tear.
This gift or talent or treasure
A beautiful woman standing there…
Too special to dismiss.
A pink seashell to her ear.
By listening to the spirit
Quiet prompting you hear.
Written for my Deidra
With your woman's intuition
LaRee C. Baker
You're often God's earthly ear.

3 comments:

Cassie Skinner said...

This is very sweet and I loved it!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Erik, Mandi, & Matix said...

Your mom is AWESOME! I LOVE her!

The McEwen Family said...

Wow what a sweet poem! It's always nice when mom's do sweet things like that!